The reason I don’t generally live blog All-Star games (the NHL had theirs today, did you notice? I thought as much) is that I’m not so into most sports that I pay attention to the individual players.
The closest would be Baseball and even there, if you don’t play for the Mets who are you and why should I care?
The Pro Bowl Throwball show on Faux @ 7 is a prime example (they don’t even make much pretense about playing for anything except to avoid injury) and while I’m pushing my publication deadline up so those who do can use this as an Open Thread (and when isn’t it?) to discuss developments I’ll probably be watching something else, or better yet using the time to prepare next week’s Puppy Bowl VII (3 pm ET) post as well as a special Prime Time for people who can’t stand the hype and hate puppies (and kitties too).
Or I might just nap.
ABC is contesting the NFL Juggernaut with “reality” TV and if you’re a fan of PBS’s Downton Abbey I know what you’ll be watching. CBS has a World Premier, The Lost Valentine which features Betty White and NBC recycles National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
There is also the Screen Actors Guild Awards on TBS and TNT for you Red Carpet freaks.
- ABC Family– Sure wouldn’t want to miss my chance to become a 700 Club Founder
- AMC– Seraphim Falls x 2
- Bravo– Real Housewives (with premier)
- Disney– Good Luck Charlie (premier)
- Discovery– How Beer Saved The World (premier), When Pigs Attack! (last week’s and new)
- ESPN– Winter X Games; Hoopies, Jazz @ Warriors
- ESPN2– Australian Open repeat
- Food– Worst, Iron Chef America (premiers)
- FX– Hancock, The Incredible Hulk
- History– Ax Men (last week’s and new)
- Lifetime– Picture Perfect, The Nanny Diaries
- Nick– Pretty in Pink
- Sci Fi– Dawn of the Dead (not the good 1978 version), Jurassic Park III
- Spike– A Bronx Tale x 2, The Fugitive
- TBS– Get Smart (have I mentioned Steve Carell is just horrible?)
- Turner Classic– With Six You Get Eggroll (George Carlin!), Who’s Minding the Mint?
- Toon– Young Justice League, Clone Wars (this week’s), Baby Blues, The Oblongs
- USA– NCIS marathon
- Vs.– NHL All-Star SuperSkills (last night’s)
- AMC– Open Range
- FX– Lights Out (this week’s), Elektra
- Sci Fi– Triassic Attack, Pterodactyl
- Turner Classic– Pandora’s Box (shhhhh)
- TNT– Patriot Games
- Toon– Robot Chicken, Mongo Wrestling (premiers)
- USA– Royal Pains, White Collar (this week’s), FeardotCom
- Vs.– Bullriding (last night’s)
Well, he sure as hell wasn’t one to complain. Woke with a smile, seemed like he could keep it there all day. Kind of a man that’d say ‘good morning’ and mean it, whether it was or not. Tell you the truth, Lord, if there was two gentler souls in this world, I never seen ’em. Seems like old Tig wouldn’t even kill birds in the end. Well, you got yourself a good man and a good dog, and I’m inclined to agree with Boss here about holding a grudge against you for it. I guess that means Amen.