Dispatches From Hellpeckersville-All Set Up

Finally, my workspace is set up. I am in a fair amount of pain, but I knew a flare would probably follow the rearranging and clean-up that had to be done to make room for the corner unit Cleetus bought for me, and really, it’s a small price to pay. We found a black glass and metal dealie for under a hundred bucks, and by leaving the corner piece out where our chimney juts in, it worked out great. Good thing we didn’t need that because it was the one piece in the box that was broken. Usually, the way my luck runs it would be one of the long pieces that would be broken and the corner would be just fine, but for once we were able to assemble a piece of furniture without returning it or a trip to the hardware store. I did pinch my finger in between the glass and the metal, so I’m still batting a thousand there. And that was after the main assembly, lol.

Once we had it pushed into place I realize that there actually wasn’t enough space to put my paper organizer on it. Well, there was, but not if I wanted to leave room to work too, so I stole the back shelf of Baboo’s desk next door. I gave up two slots to him for the use of the space, it sounded fair to me. Then I fixed the metal shelf I bought down on one side of the desk with earthquake putty. I do not need that sucker sliding around on me. Dan reluctantly gave me the use of his “Pixar” lamp. It’s black, looks good in the space and gives me all the light I need, much better than I had, really. Things were starting to come together.

Next came the organizing of the supplies. Holy crap. I did have all of stamp pads in one place, but that’s about it. I had paint in three different boxes, four different piles of prints, stamps in two boxes, one stack, and a bag, three jars of brushes, pens, and various tools, jars and bottles of mediums all over the place, and stencils, masks, and my gelli plates in three different places. It took me and Baboo about four hours to sort it all out, try to organize it in a way that made sense, yet still kept maximum open work surface on the desk itself. With the mess I had it wasn’t easy, but we got there.

Last night was the first time I got to sit down and try to work there, and I think I’m pretty damn happy. The light is good, I think I have enough space. I believe I’ll be able to bring the laptop over and run the cutter from there too. We’re thinking about running a wire under the chair railing so I can hang prints to dry, but I might just still put those all over the dining room table, they dry pretty fast. But aside from maybe having to adjust the height of my chair, I think I just might be in business here. Oh, and I believe that last week I promised a picture~



Skip to comment form

    • on 03/09/2016 at 20:50

    Congrats on the new work space!

      • on 03/09/2016 at 21:37

      Thank you! I think it’s going to be good.

    • on 03/09/2016 at 22:50

    it looks awesome! and i think the lighting should be good if it’s like it is in this pic.glad you are all set up now… sucks about the finger pinch though… ouch!

      • on 03/09/2016 at 22:55

      It looked like it was going to leave a blood blister, but it faded right out. I’m working tonight, stopping at each stage to take a pic, see how that goes.

Comments have been disabled.